NAS NetApp Data ONTAP gestion baie de disque
Ajout d'une baie de disque sur un système de stockage NetApp.
- No Multipath Storage active/active configuration has only one path from each controller to every disk
- Multipath Storage for active/active configurations provides redundancy for the path from each controller to every disk shelf in the configuration. Multipath Storage has two paths from each controller to each disk, regardless of which node owns the disk.
Adding storage to a Multipath Storage loop
1. Confirm that there are two paths to every disk by entering the following command:
storage show disk -p
Note: If there are not two paths listed for every disk, this procedure could result in a data service outage. Before proceeding, address any issues so that all paths are redundant. If you do not have redundant paths to every disk, you can use the nondisruptive upgrade method (failover) to add your storage.
2. Install the new disk shelf in your cabinet
2.1 Use the rail kit installation flyer in the rail kit box to install the appropriate rail kits on the rack.
2.2 Install and secure the disk shelf onto the support brackets and rack.
2.3 Set the speed as the others shelfs
2.4 Connect the two disk shelf power cords of each disk shelf that you are adding to a power source.
2.5 Determine the ID for the new shelf by showing the current shelfs ID:
Set the new ID on the shelf. This ID mustn't be in used !
2.6 Turn on the power to the disk shelf and you must wait 30 seconds for the shelf electronics to finish initializing.
2.7 Verify that all the cables are securely fastened.
3 Determine whether disk shelf counting is enabled by entering the following command:
4. If the disk shelf counting option is set to On, turn it off by entering the following command:
options cf.takeover.on_disk_shelf_miscompare off
5. Find the last disk shelf in the loop for which you want to add the new disk shelf.
fcstat device_map adaptername
6. Disconnect the SFP and cable coming from the Channel A Output port of the last disk shelf. Note: Leave the other ends of the cable connected to the controller.
7. Using the correct cable for a shelf-to-shelf connection, connect the Channel A Output port of the last disk shelf to the Channel A Input port of the new disk shelf.
8. Connect the cable and SFP you removed in Step 6 to the Channel A Output port of the new disk shelf.
9. Repeat Step 6 through Step 8 for Channel B. Note: The Channel B Output port is connected to the other controller.
10. In 60 seconds, the storage system recognizes the hot-added disk shelf. Confirm that there are two paths to every disk by entering the following command:
storage show disk -p
11. If disk shelf counting was Off, reenable it by entering the following command:
options cf.takeover.on_disk_shelf_miscompare on